Welcome to the WMT 2023 Metrics Shared Task!
This shared task will examine automatic evaluation metrics for machine translation. We will provide you with MT system outputs along with source text and the human reference translations. We are looking for automatic metric scores for translations at the system-level, and segment-level. We will calculate the system-level, and segment-level correlations of your scores with human judgements.
We invite submissions of reference-free metrics in addition to reference-based metrics.
Have questions or suggestions? Feel free to Contact Us!
- Markus Freitag, Google Research
- Ricardo Rei, Unbabel and Instituto Superior Técnico
- Nitika Mathur, Oracle
- Chi-kiu (Jackie) Lo, NRC Canada
- George Foster, Google Research
- Alon Lavie, Unbabel
- Craig Stewart, Unbabel
- Tom Kocmi, Microsoft Research
- Eleftherios Avramidis, German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI)
- Sheila Castilho, ADAPT Centre - Dublin City University
- Dan Deutsch, Google Research